Saturday, March 12, 2011

1965 Mustang Jackstand Resto

I got this inline 6 for some bodywork. Since I didn't
put any money into it I don't mind fixing the rust
and redoing some things. The owner had primered it
and did some bodywork but it was sprayed to dry and
the bodywork, metal work, and hidden rust weren't
going to slip by
.

Welcome to your new home...

Photobucket

Can't polish a turd so you flush it down the toilet!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used 16 gauge to give it good strength. Not exactly the
factory look
but close. The black zero rust is temporary.
I just wanted to cover it
up and somewhat match the
preexisting por 15. In the end I will go
over the entire
floor and trunk area with white zero rust.


Photobucket

Undetectable from the backside. Just the way I like it.

Photobucket

Now the passenger side.

Photobucket

These must be done in sections. I started with the top
section first.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's nowhere to hide!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trunk floor pan

Photobucket

Welded in and seam sealed.

Photobucket

Time for Zero Rusting the underside, wheel wells, fender wells,
fender insides, suspension parts, and nuts and bolts.

Photobucket


Photobucket



Front Suspension Rebuild. These Spring Compressors didn't get
the job done so I borrowed some internal ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Looking good!

Photobucket

New rollers, cleaned, and greased!

Photobucket

Bodywork

Photobucket

White PLC High build Poly Primer.

Photobucket

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment